A Two Day Masterclass
A two day limited attendance clinical and laboratory course
with a live demonstration on a patient requiring replacement
complete dentures made to resemble as closely as possible
her original natural dentition. During the course various clinical
and laboratory techniques will be demonstrated culminating
in the fitting and testing of the new denture. In addition,
participants will have hands-on exercises in setting teeth and
contouring artificial gums. With a limit of 15 participants and given
the time available, it will be possible to demonstrate additional
clinical and laboratory procedures in line with delegates interests
Finlay has dedicated a large part of his career to removable denture prosthetics and has worked with his in-house dental technician, Rowan Garstang, for 15 years.
Finlay regards Rowan as one of the finest removable prosthodontic technicians in the world. During this extended course they will impart their clinical & technical expertise.
Aims, Objectives & Anticipated Outcomes
By the end of the course the participants should have a better understanding of:
• Oral anatomy and gingival architecture.
• The optimal shape for complete dentures.
• Maximising retention, stability & support with complete dentures including the suction denture technique.
• Planning tooth position and lip support.
• Choosing and setting up teeth for a natural cosmetic and personal appearance.
• Denture occlusion, crossbite, overbites and overjets.
• Finding the occluding vertical dimension.
• Waxing up gums to replicate natural gingival anatomy.
• Applying Enigma Colour Tones to custom colour the
• Avoiding speech problems with dentures.
With 12 hours verifiable CPD
Contact the Education & Events Co-ordinator direct on 01462 703 633,Freephone 0800 97 000 79 or email: [email protected]